30 October 2015

Failed to connect to remote distribution point

We recently did a complete upgrade on all equipment in one of our remote offices. After the upgrade, I had to setup a new distribution point. I began by using Prajwal Desai's blog post on setting up a remote distribution point. I went through all of his process three times and still no sucess. It was constantly returning ERROR DPConnection::ConnectWMI() - Failed to connect to  <server>. error = 0x800706ba. Other suggestions on this error had been to check the firewall and make sure certain IIS components were enabled. Finally, I ran across this post that fixed it. When I added the primary SCCM server name to the local administrators group on the remote distribution site server, it fixed it. It was now able to install the DP with no problems.

0 comments:

Post a Comment