07 February 2017

ImageX Error while Creating MDT Task Sequence

Posted By: Mick Pletcher - 10:09 PM

Share

& Comment
















While creating an MDT task sequence in SCCM, I encountered the error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '\imagex.exe'.


I started Googling the error and the best info I found was to either copy over the imageX.exe or update the distribution point. Neither fix worked. After troubleshooting the issue for a couple of hours, I thought that maybe there was an extension issue between MDT and SCCM, so I removed the extension using the Configure ConfigMgr Integration tool. I then readded the extension using the same tool. This fixed the error message and it now creates an MDT task sequence with no problems.

About Mick Pletcher

My blog is here to help solve issues I have encountered and solved, publish scripts I have written, and educate others in understanding areas that are not well covered

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Mick's IT Blogs™ is a registered trademark.