27 July 2022

Configuration Manager PowerShell Module: An update to the existing console is available

I was recently writing a new PowerShell tool to clean up Configuration Manager of old systems. When I ran the import-module cmdlet, I got the message 


The module was being imported from the Configuration Manager server. I always keep ConfigMgr up-to-date with the latest version within days of release and I saw the console was 5.2203.1063.2400. Doing a little digging, I found this was coming from the console that was installed on my laptop and not from the server. I also found that even if you import the PowerShell module from the server where it is the latest version, it will revert back to the machine you are working on to import from if the console is installed there. I upgraded the console on my laptop and this message disappeared. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment